Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family History

While I am not currently looking for any dead ancestors... I am scanning pictures of dead ancestors (and living). Sometimes I have to figure out who they all are (that's where the family history part comes in). Here is a picture of people I know. I no longer take for granted that when half of us are dead and the other half live who knows where, someone will be burdened with this fine photograph and wonder who most of the people are. Not long ago, I finished scrapbooking all of my printed photos (a blog post for another time). I fretted over the mass quantities of pictures I had. In going through 'grandma' boxes, I have discovered that collecting unlabeled pictures in boxes is a hereditary disease. I am trying to break the cycle by cataloguing and labeling as best as I am cablable of doing. Hooray for scanners! Hooray for photoshop! Hooray for digital camera's! Hooray for technology! Hooray for a project for me to work on. So - get out there and crack open those dusty boxes and get your pictures organized!!! You will feel oh so much better having the satisfaction of finishing an unfinished something.

No comments: