Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

08 08 08 Galaxy Zoo

Cool galaxy I've been able to view & classify

Happy 'eight' day. I felt I must post something on this amazing date. In the spirit of the comment I heard on the radio this morning pointing out that an 8 on its side is the sign for infinity I will post about a favorite hobby of mine. If I had made it to work by 8:08, I would have posted then & I fear I will forget or not be home tonight at 8:08 - so here goes.

On my list of sites to visit is the phrase: 'classify galaxies with me'. I think it is completly addicting to classify galaxies & easy to do. It's like getting that universe tour preview before we leave this mortal existence. It also gives me more questions to ask when I get there. Apparently asking questions is a perfectly normal thing to do. Curious? Click here. Go for it, sign up! A dutch school teacher discovered a strange object & it's made quite the buzz in the astronomy world. Who knows what may be seen next?

Another cool galaxy I've classified



"for I am without beginning of days or end of years; and is not this endless? And, behold, thou art my son; wherefore look, and I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease."

No comments: