Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Waiting Room Origami

Recently I had the timeless pleasure of sitting in a Dr.'s office waiting room. I perused the usual fare... People, no; Time, no; Sports Illustrated, no; Several self-help pamphlets, no... ah Highlights! There's one I haven't read for a while. I came to this page:
Hmmm. Make a butterfly out of a dollar bill by John Montroll. (rummage through my purse, um pocketbook for those north-east coast readers) Ah, yes - the elusive dollar bill. I can put it to good use while I pass the time. Here is my waiting room attempt. I'm not sure what the ONE other person in the waiting room thought of my antics, but I carefully avoided eye contact so I couldn't tell you what she thought. I was content. I was passing my time anxiously engaged in creativity. Here are my happy results:
Top View


Side View

Front View

Back View

Underside View

I don't know if I can ever bring myself to spend this cute dollar. I don't think I can afford this hobby. I can see it now - dozens of cute animal shaped dollar bills which I am not willing to spend, strewn about the house. It probably leads to more hard core use of $5's, $10's & $20's. I think I'll quite will I'm ahead... or maybe not???

2 comments:

B said...

that is awesome!

BT said...

I love it. You could make it really exciting by colouring some of it in!! Or is that defacing it?? I'm always SO bored in doctors' waiting rooms. If it's full it's ok, I can people watch, but one other is awful. As I'm a bit deaf I'm always afraid to talk to people in case I don't understand them. Especially as I live in Ireland!