Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Christmas in Connecticut

Style of house: Cape Cod. OK - So it's probably not really Christmas - but the snow reminded me of christmas anyway. This is the house I grew up in. The window on the side of the house was my bedroom. I always had a fear that the house would catch on fire & I'd have to jump out the window to save myself. Looks like this picture was taken before the raspberry bushes were planted along the side. Yum. Just out of view to the right is the stump of the tree my dad cut down that knocked over my mom & landed on her leg. But that's a story for another day! See the woods behind the house? Many happy hours spent there playing and watching squirrels. We had an albino squirrel back there too. The side yard made a pretty good sledding hill, but the golf course was even better as long as you could avoid the water hazards. It was a great place to grow up. I'd like to go back someday to visit.

No comments: