Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Star Gazing...

One of the highlights of the vacation was the star gazing. I brought my telescope & one night, we set it up in a field. We couldn't wait to see Venus which we had noticed for several nights... when the telescope was focused on our bright neighbor, to my surprise, I saw that it was Jupiter & the 4 largest jovian moons were visible. Wow! I had never seen Jupiter so bright before. Bryce is a super place to see the stars. They like to talk alot about the lack of light pollution. This is probably true closer to the canyon. From where we were, the lights of Ruby's Inn were on the Northern Horizon & it was interesting to see what a difference it was to look North vs. South. We also checked out a million stars all over the sky. The evening came to an end with a delicious treat of dutch oven peach cobbler & vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmmmm. When can I go back?

No comments: