Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day

Standing L to R: Phebe, Rhoda
Seated L to R: Mary Jane, Phebe Campbell Atkinson, Sarann

Today is pioneer day. I have been going through and reading lots of my ancestors histories lately. I have learned many pioneer stories that I had forgotten about and some I had not heard before. I am grateful to my pioneer ancestors for the sacrifices they made so that I can enjoy the life I now have. I am grateful for their faith in and love for God and for passing that that down to me. They came in different ways at different times. If I could say thank you to them today I would. Pioneers of the past - my hat is off to you!

Alphie Cluff, Julia Cluff, Rebecca Cula Langman Cluff in front of Moses Cluff Home

2 comments:

Sharilyn Hiatt said...

Mary Jane Atkinson is my great-great-grandmother. She died at the age of 42 in 1881. I believe the woman seated on the left in your picture is Frances Elizabeth, Phebe's daughter who was still alive at the time this picture was taken.

Nancy said...

Awesome! I am happy to know this. All I have to go on is the notes my grandmother left on the pictures. I'll be sure to correct it.