Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Enter to win. Especially Canadians w/ math skills.

I just entered an online drawing to win an I-Pad2. Woot! Don't get too excited. I don't expect to win. Still, for some reason I decided to read the contest rules. It was all of the predictable stuff you would expect to see in contest rules. For instance, this particular contest is open to residents of the US & Canada only. Then I ran across this little phrase:

"If a Canadian resident is selected, he/she will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be eligible for the prize."

Ummm. huh?  It's a fabric company promoting the drawing. What kind of magical Canadian mathematical skills are necessary to be worthy of winning an Ipad2 in a random drawing?!?!? I'm curious and humored by this. Can someone enlighten me? Why Why Why would this be a contest rule? If there are any mathematically skilled Canadians who can enlighten me - I would love an explanation.

1 comment:

myrtle budge said...

I guess in Canada you can't get money for nothing and your chicks for free.