Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday

I recently celebrated my birthday. A well wisher called (you know who you are) to wish me a happy birthday and told me to enjoy my thirties because my forties would be the saddest decade, according to a statistical report this person heard on the radio. Although I never have before considered the happiness rating of the decades I have lived nor the future decades I may yet live, in contemplating my happiness factor, in some ways I can see how my forties may be the saddest yet. I will however, spend the next year anticipating the things that might happen then that might make me the saddest ever & convince myself that I will not be sad when & if they happen. So, friends and family, if you catch me being sad when I am in my forties, just chalk it up to a statistical anomaly. :D The other well wishers who called, wished me a HAPPY birthday with no indication of unhappy birthdays to come & I thank them for that. ;)

No comments: